- 1. The mining company has submitted for an air quality permit, the last piece needed before they can start the project.
- Write to the Maricopa County Air Quality Department, and provide reasons why they should not approve
- any permit from Custom Landscape Materials. Or call them at 602-506-6010
- There are several studies noted in the March 9 update on the website that show how devestating aggregate
- mining can be and especially around air quality. Feel free to quote these and/or do your own research as well.
- We have provided the Maricopa Air Quality Department with data explaining why the Department's air quality
- permitting requirements are inadequate for this mine. More details are on our home page.
- Some homes are only 80 feet from the mine boundary so it's critical for their permitting process to be
- effective enough to adequately protect this neighborhood.
- 2. Write or call everyone on the Contacts List.
- Tell them about the problems with the air quality permit process.
- Legislators - Focus on the law - ARS 11-812
- TV stations - trying to get them to do a story.